- In general any strain of Haze can be feminized to remain a Sativa type or a hybrid Sativa. To feminize a strain is to genetically change the gender of the seeds from males to females, which are considered to produce higher quality and quantity of yield.
- A widely-popular haze that is feminized is the Super Silver haze. When feminized, the plant can grow twice as tall as its original and the production of flowers can go on an extended period of time, again compared to the predominantly male strain.
- The Super Silver Haze Feminized has long pistils that are silky and its calyxes are oval in shape. These calyxes that grow along with the branches and the stems make the whole plant appear dense as it fills the internodes. From these, kolas are grown which are airy, light and large enough to please any grower yielding it.
- A raw yield of this feminized strain is pungent and remains to produce the same odor when smoked. However, the pungent smell of the smoke leaves an after-taste that is both fruity and minty, like chewing a eucalyptus.
- Since any strain that is feminized is characteristically similar to a non-gender modified strain, it can be a mixture of the other popular strains such as the Colombian, Mexican and Thai Haze. Mainly used for relaxation and to feel good, this strain can also be used to address certain medical conditions such as asthma, stress, depression and pain that is brought about by muscle spasms and migraine.
- Since a feminized strain is mainly a Sativa type of a strain, it can grow very tall and at the same time very bushy. Its leaves are narrow in shape and can be quite long. The buds are relatively small, dense and are covered with orange-colored and crystalline hairs. The buds produce a sweet but light scent which intensifies when the buds are touched. The fact that it gives out that odor, the flavor is usually a mix of earthy, sweet and flowery flavor.
- The flavor can also depend on the different strains that were mixed to produce it. For example, a mixed strain of the Jamaican haze and the Skunk haze produces a sharp citrus flavor and the aftertaste is a combination of musk, incense and black pepper.
TIPS FOR GROWERS:
When the soil has high acidity, the majority of the haze becomes male. It is therefore important to keep the Ph level between 6.5 and 7.5. This can be tested with the use of a litmus paper or a testing kit that can also be bought from plant shops or nursery.
|Type :||Mostly Sativa|
|Climate :||Indoor / Outdoor|
|Yield :||300 – 400 g/m2|
|Flowering :||13 – 14 weeks|
|Stone :||Psychedelic High|
|THC level :||High|