- Usually confused with the Ice Cream strain, Ice got its name from its appearance. The plants flowers are covered with a considerable amount of trichomes that even from a short distance, the strain appears to be covered with ice. The buds from this strain are fluffy, in the shade of light neon green and are highly-dense, that when smoked, it produces a strong pungent odor. The flower-to-leaf ratio of this strain is also high that the yield can be 400 grams to 500 grams per square meter
- Nirvana developed this strain, which is a cross between the White family of strains and the Red Skunk, making it 50% Indica and 50% Sativa Hybrid.
- In spite of having a strong odor similar to a fuel, the sticky buds still provide a hint of a citrus flavor and because of this, the smoke and the taste of this strain leaves a tingling feeling at the back of the throat, which can also induce coughing.
- The strain originated from popular ancestors Shiva, Northern Light, Afghani and Skunk strains and each can go together with Ice to produce a stronger and longer effect. The effect of the strain itself is high enough that the smoker may experience a couch-lock moment.
- Although it causes mild headaches to the smoker, some of the noticeable effects of the strain are extreme euphoria, talkativeness a greater sense of creativity and energized smoker.
- Altering the dosage or intake of the strain will also change the mood of the smoker drastically. A stronger dosage means a more individualistic and blissful state of mind while a smaller intake tends to make the smoker more sociable and open. This effect of the strain makes it distinct from the other strains.
- When using this strain, smokers are also advised to keep watch of its other unfavorable effects like dried eyes and mouth, and especially paranoia.
- Like most strains, this is recommended to people suffering from minor body pains particularly in the muscles and joints. People with sleep disorders, low appetite, eating disorders like anorexia, depression and anxiety are also advised to take this strain.
TIPS FOR GROWERS:
The strain is at its best when planted indoors or in grow rooms. The use of soil is advised although it can still grow fine with aeroponic and hydroponic grow systems. Also, the temperature in the grow rooms must be kept between 68 – 678 degrees Fahrenheit to maintain enough humidity.
|ICE STRAIN SPECIFICATIONS|
|Type :||Mostly Indica|
|Climate :||Indoor / Outdoor|
|Flowering :||9 – 10 weeks|
|Stone :||Strong High|
|THC level :||10-15%|