One of the best things about weed is it is a very versatile plant that can be infused in so many ways. There are hundreds of products out there, apart from using dried cannabis that can be used to enjoy weed. You get to smoke and eat weed without any hassle. If you live in a state or area where weed is legal, chances are you have already encountered different types of products that are infused with weed that are fun to consume. And what could be more fun to eat than weed popcorn?
What Is Weed Popcorn?
By chance that you still have not encountered weed popcorn, it is simply popcorn infused with weed. The possibility of weed-infused products is endless, and weed popcorn is just one of the millions of things that you can eat that have cannabis in them. There is one of the reasons why cannabis is very popular in areas where marijuana is legal.
While many enjoy popcorn on its own, why not try to infuse it with weed and other flavors to elevate your food to another level. Infusing it with weed allows the popcorn to be both tasty and relaxing at the same time. As you watch your favorite movie, you slowly get high until you begin to discuss the movie together with your friends. You can also snack on them if you are stressed out in the office or simply have something to eat while you are studying for an exam. Bear in mind that the effects depend on the strain that is being used to infuse the popcorn with.
Edibles take time to take effect, so always make sure to consume them moderately. Weed is notorious for bringing out different sides of our personality, and you wouldn’t want to ruin your sleepover over a bowl of weed popcorn.
There is something truly transformative when you start to explore different things when it comes to marijuana. A usual social gathering becomes a great avenue for deep thoughts and conversations when weed popcorn is on the table. Along with its enlightening effects, one can also feel very relaxed and even euphoric while consuming weed popcorn. It is a very simple treat that will give you an extra boost in your mood for the rest of the day.
Weed Popcorn: How is it Made?
Now that you know all the effects that weed popcorn can do, it is time to make one. Making weed popcorn is rather easy; however, there are certain things that you need to prepare and understand first before tossing the next popcorn into the microwave. Weed is made of cannabinoids such as THC and CBD. Before anything, these cannabinoids must be exposed to heat to activate them. This is the reason why you light up a joint so that you can feel the effects of weed. Much like smoking, preparing your weed is a delicate balance of heat; hence skill is still needed for preparation.
To make your weed popcorn, gather the following ingredients and equipment:
- Dried cannabis
- Baking tray
- Light corn syrup
- Brown sugar
1. First, you need to crush and ground your dried cannabis. It is highly suggested that you choose a strain of cannabis that has enough potency and flavor. You can choose from a wide variety of strains that have unique flavors and aroma to give your weed popcorn an edge.
2. After grinding your dried cannabis, place them in the baking tray and bake them. Make sure that the temperature is no more than 220 degrees Fahrenheit. This way, it activates the cannabinoids in the weed for proper absorption.
3. Once done, place it aside and let it cool down for a while. Melt your butter in a saucepan and bring it to a simmer. Lower the heat first before adding the baked cannabis.
4. Make sure to stir regularly and let it sit for a while so that the butter is fully infused with cannabis. Stirring evenly distributes the cannabinoids into the butter, allowing it to have its flavor and aroma. This is the time that you can smell the cannabis into the butter.
5. Remove the saucepan from the heat to prevent the butter from burning or overcooking. Let it cool down for a while.
6. Gather your container and place the cheesecloth at the opening of the container. Pour the cannabis butter into the cheesecloth and filter out the mixture. Squeeze the remaining residue from the cheesecloth to gather all the lovely infused butter.
7. Mix the cannabis butter with the brown sugar, corn syrup, pepper, and salt in another saucepan under low heat. Stir constantly to avoid burning the butter and let it sit for a few minutes.
8. Pour the popcorn and stir it to coat the popcorn with the weed-infused butter caramel that you have made. Once everything is coated, you can let it cool for a while then serve. You may also refrigerate a portion of it for later consumption together with the unused cannabis butter that you’ve made. Make sure to store them in a cool, dry them or your refrigerator.
For those who are looking for strain suggestions to infuse with your butter, some of the best strains include White Widow for a minty flavor and a great mental buzz. You can also go to Bubba Kush if you want to relax. If you want to pop some snacks and make it more fun, OG Kush is a strain best suited for some good time. It is also best that you try to add a few amounts of weed at first to avoid getting overwhelmed with how potent the cannabis is with your weed popcorn.
The next time you are craving for your favorite weed popcorn, you can always pop a bag of popcorn into the microwave and bust that stored cannabis butter from the refrigerator and make your weed popcorn. The best part is that it is very easy to do now that you have already prepared your cannabis butter.